Psalms 68 5:6







A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families.







Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's November? Seriously?

  OK so I have not been very johnny-on-the-spot. That's not news to me. I have always been gifted in the field of procrastination and generalized laziness. My attitude is the sole responsibility of one Miss Scarlet O'Hara. The old "I'll not think about that now. I'll think about that tomorrow." Well if it only affected me that would be alright I guess. But now I have to also consider that with each passing day it's another day that my child has to go in an orphanage. And not to mention, if I got my butt in gear, said child would also have a face. We have been on this adoption carousel since June. I'm ready to get off. I'm getting dizzy.
  On the bright side, all our home study lacks is 2009 tax return and a copy of Jarrod's license. There is that light at the end of the tunnel. And if I really put my mind to it I could have all my dossier cranked out by the first of December. But let's be honest, that's like 4 weeks away. I have plenty of time.
  My main reason for the procrastination is that there is not enough money in the ole adoption account to cover the fees. Once this ball gets rolling there is no stoppin it. I awake at night in a dead fear that I will come up empty handed and they won't give me a child because I don't have the funds. Funny. This is where faith should come in. But I'm a worrier. Guess you didn't know that yet. Worrying is a sin. I wish that mattered to my subconscious.

  This week I am concentrating on more fundraising. The mall is having a craft fair and since I'm so crafty, I have signed up to host a table. Now this seemed easy enough. Salt scrub, doggie neckerchiefs, UK and Breast Cancer Awareness ornaments, and microwaveable rice bags.(like homemade heating pads, not for human consumption.) I have learned that the seemingly easy things usually aren't though. I won't even get into how difficult arranging this stuff has been. But we have it all mostly ready to go. I just pray (and worry) that we sell a lot of product. I am hand writing thank you notes with this blog address on about 100 cards to hand out with purchases.
  I am deeply thankful to my mother who once again has come to my rescue to help with all the assembly and sewing. And to everyone that buys something. A thank you seems so simple but I truly am grateful. Every dime gets us one step closer to her. Right about now it seems like I am about a tragamazillion steps away.
  So I tell myself that this week I am focusing on the craft show. Next week , maybe H&R Block. Who knows, perhaps the next week I may even wheedle enough time out of my schedule to get some medicine for my dog's inoperable cancer.

3 comments:

  1. God Shows up for what He ordains. Do not doubt that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would know better than you guys, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanna, my good friend. You have inspired me so much. I always knew you as a spirited, fun-loving nut-job. Now you reveal this deeper caring, unselfish core you've been carrying within you. Many of us who joke around a lot give people the impression that we don't have a lot of deep thoughts or empathy/sympathy for others. Our shield is there for a reason. We are afraid to reveal our innermost feelings. I'm glad you have dropped your shield to leave room to welcome this child into your heart. I know she will come. She will be yours soon. And I know that every day she will thank God for the beautiful family that changed her life and you will thank Him too for the blessing you've received. I love you, buddy.

    ReplyDelete