Psalms 68 5:6







A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families.







Tuesday, July 27, 2010

After much encouragement (and pressure :) )I have decided to chronicle this journey to our daughter in a blog. At present, I don't know what in the world I am going to write about. We are accumulating a lot of paperwork and not much else is happening. It all feels very tedious.

This weekend will be our 4th yardsale. We have managed to raise $55oo so far with these yardsales. All of the items have been donated by friends, family, and fellow church members. When I came up with the idea to have these things, I never dreamed we would make so much money. The kindness of the people who have donated items has been overwhelming. So many have given so much. We are greatful to all that have helped us and worked so hard too. Believe me, it's a lot of work. I will never want to have another yardsale as long as I live when this is over with! But, when it's all said and done, and I look into my daughter's face, every second of this labor will be worth it.

Speaking of labor, my sister shared with me a nugget of wisdom that someone told her about our adoption. They were talking about the yardsale and all the work that's gone into it. The lady told her this. "There's more than one way to labor a child into this world." I thought that was quite a simple and profound way to sum it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment